Untitled

Virtue and splendor will change

According to space from observable things

From a distance the lines are quite fuzzy

Yet conclusions seem rather concrete

 

Much closer the angles are pinpoint

And labeling becomes such a mess

Categories shove details ‘cross borders

While experience occurs nonetheless

— April Resnick

~ by April on May 15, 2012.

2 Responses to “Untitled”

  1. April,

    I saw this book review and thought of your blog. An excerpt:

    “To be fair, writing well about children is tough. You know why? They’re not that interesting. What is interesting is that despite the mind-numbing boredom that constitutes 95 percent of child rearing, we continue to have them.

    No one needs to explain that 5 percent of joy. Mothers just know. What I need is for someone to explicate the other 95 percent. How did I survive spending most of 2004, the year my twin sons were 3, in front of a tank of sea lions? What got me through the years when the only way to persuade one son to brush his teeth was to hum the theme song to “The Pink Panther”? (Try it. The glissando on the horns really gets them to attack the molars.) And please, tell me, is there anyone over the age of 10 who truly likes Pokemon?

    To write well in the mother-child arena, a person must understand that the essential condition of motherhood isn’t pleasure or wonderment or even terror — although there’s plenty of that. The essential condition is absurdity. Samuel Beckett could have come up with a great book on babies. Anne Enright has. ”

    It’s here: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/13/books/review/making-babies-by-anne-enright.html?ref=books

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: